Chemical/Biological Escape Mask
A personal emergency device for short-term respiratory protection during escape from an area of low concentration of chemical or biological agents.
- Dons within seconds. No adjustment straps.
- One size fits all.
- Strong, fire-resistant, elastic rubber hood, protects the entire head and seals comfortably at the neck.
- Large visor, made of flame-retardant transparent film, allows a wide field of view.
- High-efficiency, electrostatic particle filter, with extremely low pressure-drop to allow easy breathing.
- Layers of activated charcoal with special impregnation to absorb toxic gases.
- A unique breathing device (patent pending) enables rapid exhalation and improves the physiological conditions for the user, preventing built-up of heat or vapour inside the mask.
- Training model available.
- Available in two colours: yellow and black.
- Special Polychloroprene Latex Compound
- Elongation at break: > 700%
- Tensile strength: > 150 kg/cm²
- Temperature resistance: 200°C
- Fire-resistant to the requirements of NFPA 701
ETFE film – a copolymer of Polytetrafluoroethylene with Ethylene monomer.
- Tensile strength: 50N/mm²
- Elongation at break: 450%
- Tear resistance: 500 N/mm
- Temperature resistance: 150°C
- Flame retardant : UL 94 V-O
- Light transmission: > 95%
A device combining two valves for exhalation + a soft mouthpiece, all in one unit.
Multi-Layer filter includes the following:
- External polyester screen, fire resistant to the requirements of NFPA 701
- Electrostatic + melt blown combination high efficiency particle filter (HEPA)
- Layers of activated charcoal cloth with a special impregnation against acid gases
- Soft inner pad of non-woven material
- Approximate (package) dimensions: 19x15x4 cm.
- Approximate (package) weight: 190-200 gr.
Filter Performance :
|Chemical||Concentration (mg/m3)||Flow Rate (Litre/min)||Breakthrough Time (minutes)|
|Cyanogen Chloride (CK)||100||30||> 15|
|Dimethyl Methyl Phosphorate (DMMP)||250||30||> 15|
|Aerosol||Filter Efficiency (%)||Air Flow Resistance (Pa)||Flow Rate (Litres/min)|
- Defense/ Law Enforcement Agencies/ Emergency services
Cases and pouches for the storage of Duram Emergency Escape Masks.